Covid 19 – Tips for a Healthy Life
No one had anticipated that a virus could change our lifestyle so drastically and it would be considered ‘the new normal’. As all of us know, Coronavirus is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-Cov-2 virus. People afflicted by this virus experience mild to moderate symptoms and can easily recover from it without any special treatment or hospitalization. However, some may become seriously ill and require medical attention.
This virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose though cough, sneeze, speech, touch, or breath. The liquid particles can range from large droplets to small aerosols. The virus spreads more easily indoors and in crowded settings.
Many of us are still spending a lot of time at home to minimise exposure to this virus. There are vaccination booster shots for people above sixty-five years of age. These boosters increase antibodies that are protective against Covid-19. The Indian government has also started vaccines for children aged between fifteen and eighteen years.
With the surge in the latest Covid virus – Omicron, it is imperative to implement four recommendations: Vaccinate, Test, Ventilate, and Wear Masks.
All countries must assess their risk factors and rapidly implement all necessary measures to reduce the transmission and economic, social, and public impacts of Covid 19.
Essential To-Do List for a Healthy Life
– Get vaccinated! Vaccines protect not just you but also people around you. Getting a flu shot in addition can be helpful too.
– Wear a mask when indoors with people and in all outside venues, especially in a crowd.
– Washing hands frequently lessons the impact of the virus and also reduces the risk of influenza.
– Staying active is very important in these times. Even though gyms are open now, many people are hesitant to return to them. Well, there are many exercises that can be done easily at home. For instance, aerobics, Push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc. Lunges are some simple muscle strengthening exercises. Walking briskly around the house, doing gardening, or dancing can help you to stay fit and relaxed at home.
– Taking care of our diet and nutrition is of utmost importance in this pandemic. One must practice self-discipline and avoid binging due to stress. Make a habit of eating wholesome nutritious food instead of fast food and processed snacks.
– Getting adequate sleep is essential to staying healthy and for getting optimum performance. The CDC recommends seven or more hours of sleep every night for all individuals.
– Ensure proper health care maintenance for chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, hypertension, heart conditions, and others by taking all medications as prescribed by your doctor. Tele-health solutions are also available in the Covid age!
– Take time out to care for yourself. Meditation, Yoga, Relaxation and personal care promote overall wellness. Seek counselling in case you need professional help for your mental wellness.
– Staying connected with your loved ones while in isolation can help reduce anxiety and depression.
Following all these steps can help to improve your overall health and wellness, even though these are not going to cure your Covid or even guarantee immunity from contracting it. Getting vaccinated should be your top priority!