6 Benefits of STD Testing and Best Place for a Test
People believe STD testing is not a necessity. Most important, they need no testing. The medical community begs to differ in this view. As per Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), anybody who is sexually active must undergo STD screening, irrespective of age, gender, and walk of life.
Alas, STD testing is last in the list of things-to-do. For some people, it isn’t even there.
No laxity in health matters
One of the vital lessons that the pandemic taught us is to never be lax in matters of health. One must be alert about any signal that the body sends of an impending dis-ease.
Health includes sexual health.
Who knows better than you whether you need a test or not. Every citizen must make a responsible decision based on their sexual history and present sexual life.
Many people have had unprotected sexual acts in the past. They continue with their high-risk behavior in the present too, ignoring the risk. They could be infected, who knows? Many STDs are asymptomatic. This is irresponsible behavior.
With urgent care STD testing center nearby, ignoring a test seems to be irrelevant. Such STD clinics are convenient places where you can undergo anonymous testing. This solves the problem of embarrassment. So, why delay now?
Benefits of STD testing
- You know the truth about your sexual health status.
- In case you are infected, you can begin treatment immediately. This can help to curb the progression of the infection.
- You can abstain from having sex with your partner, if you come out positive in test. This helps to prevent spread of infection.
- Your partner can also undergo test to ensure their sexual health and prevent re-infection.
- Pregnant women who undergo STD test during their pre-natal visit save their baby by preventing the transmission of infection to their baby and saving them from horrible complications.
- STD test can catch the disease at its earliest stage, which is easier to treat. You are saved from serious health complications later in life.
Best place to undergo STD test
In Arlington, quick STD test is available at your nearest STD clinic. The best part is that you can request the staff to keep your identity confidential. So, no embarrassing moments!
This is not all. You need no prior appointment to undergo a test here. Simply walk in and ask for a test. You can also consult a doctor without appointment. The clinic hardly has a waiting time. This is unlike hospital where you find a rush of patients.
You need no health insurance to avail yourselves the services of your nearby STD clinic.
So, what are you waiting for?
Viruses and bacteria won’t wait. They would invade your body and produce diseases. Catch them before they do this. Undergo a test today. Make sure you are healthy before you engage in your next sexual activity.
Urgent care STD testing centers are open from early morning to late evening whole week, plus on holidays. They feature well-equipped lab, trained staff, and qualified doctors.