Why It is Not a Good Idea to Ignore Chlamydia Treatment
Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted infection. It can infect the vagina, the urethra, and the mouth of a person, male or female. The infection is completely curable. It is caused by bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. A course of antibiotics is enough to kill this virus; sometimes a single dose does the work.
In Virginia, chlamydia screening test is available at the nearest STD clinic. Worry not about scheduling appointment or taking a doctor’s prescription. You can simply walk in the clinic and ask for a test. The best part is that you can ask the staff to keep your identity confidential. The clinic is particular about their patients’ privacy.
How to know you have chlamydia?
Watch out for the following symptoms:
• Abnormal vaginal discharge
• Discharge from penis
• Bleeding between periods
• Swelling and pain in testicles
• Pain during sex (in women)
• Pain during urination (both men and women)
• Pain in the rectum (both men and women)
• Itching at the vaginal area
• Lower abdominal pain (both men and women)
If you experience any of the above symptoms, you must not delay in consulting a doctor. People who feel shy of talking to the doctor with regard to STDs can simply ask for a test at the clinic. In Arlington, chlamydia screening is available at an affordable rate and on all days of the week.
What happens if you ignore symptoms?
Ignoring the symptoms won’t make them go away. On the contrary, they may worsen. The infection may spread and lead to further health complications. According to doctors, a curable disease like chlamydia can turn into a nearly fatal condition when left untreated.
It can lead to:
• Epididymitis: This is the swelling of the epididymis, which is a tube at the back of testicles. It stores and carries sperm. It is a painful condition.
• Ectopic pregnancy: This is a condition in which the embryo gets implanted outside the uterus, either in the fallopian tube, cervix, abdominal cavity, or ovary. This is a life-threatening condition.
• Infertility: This happens mostly in women when there is permanent damage to her reproductive organs, rendering her incapable of producing children.
• Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID): This is an infection of the female reproductive organs.
• Prostatitis: The condition involves inflammation of the prostate gland, which is a walnut-sized gland of the male reproductive system.
Please do not ignore chlamydia symptoms. Timely treatment can save you from the above health disasters. A course of antibiotics can easily cure chlamydia.
Tetracycline is a common antibiotic treatment; however, the doctor may use other antibiotics like azithromycin or doxycycline, depending on the case. The dosage also varies. It could be a one-time dose or a 7-day course.
It is possible to treat chlamydia at any stage, even when it has spread to other organs. However, in this case, the treatment can cure only the infection, not the damage done to the organs.
For example, if you have become infertile due to untreated chlamydia, you cannot reverse your situation, although you can still treat the infection.
That’s why doctors in Virginia emphasize on chlamydia screening test. A test on time is like a “stitch on time” that saves you from impending health catastrophe.
Chlamydia is one of the commonest STDs around the world. It is equally common among the young and the old. As per a report, upto 70 per cent males and upto 50 per cent females infected with this bacterium show no symptoms.
Better to visit clinic in Virginia for chlamydia screening and see whether you are infected or healthy.
No need to panic, if you are infected. This disease is curable and involves a simple oral treatment of antibiotics.